A few more noticings about Basel.
* Everyone “dresses” here. I feel like I have to dress up a bit or dress up nicer than soccer shorts, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes. I have been putting on actual coordinating outfits, doing my hair, and been wearing earrings and lipstick. I’ve been fighting urges to swipe on mascara, but I might succumb soon. (Mom will be so proud.)
* There are at least as many bikes as there are cars.
* Lots of people smoke. LOTS of people.
* The chocolate is better here. Richer and more satisfying.
* The windows here open like doors as well as pivoting open at the bottom to let air in. You just turn the handle to a different position and I LOVE that.
Leave a Reply